Saturday 23 July 2016

Holiday this Summer like Liz Taylor and Brigitte Bardot

Have you been on your summer holiday yet? Or are you still waiting excitedly to jump on that plane, travel off into the middle distance and disconnect completely with work/friends/family/life in general? Next week I fly to the Dominican Republic for what I hope will be 10 days of sun, sea, relaxation and fun! And where better than the beautiful, tropical, Caribbean island of the glorious Dominican Republic! So, please don't be expecting any posts on the blog as I will, rather happily, be disconnected to wifi.

Anyway, as I'm in the holiday spirit at the moment I thought it would be great to share some of my favoruite beach photos from some of my favourite Hollywood stars. If you read this blog often, you will know that I love absolutely everything to do with 1940s/50s Hollywood glamour, especially Audrey Hepburn and Rita Hayworth. Women back then had so much style and sophistication, so enjoy these jovial holiday snaps featuring the likes of Elizabeth Taylor, Grace Kelly and Brigitte Bardot and I wish for those of you jetting off somewhere nice this summer, a very happy holiday!!
Audrey Hepburn poses on a rock
Ava Gardner in a black swimming costume
No one rocks a white bikini like Grace Kelly
Arguably the most famous couple in the world, Liz Taylor and Richard Burton relax on a boat
Ahoy there Marilyn!

Sophia Loren gazes out to sea
Another one of Grace Kelly...
Rita Hayworth tucks into a sandwich on the beach

The beautiful Elizabeth Taylor
Brigitte Bardot puts her feet up

No comments:

Post a Comment