Sunday 27 December 2015

My Lust List


Boxing Day sales have begun, 50% off signs are constantly popping up in every shop window and we are all spending more money than we would probably wish! I admit that this year I have taken things a little bit more easy in regard to going crazy bargain shopping. A few bits from Zara, a pair of jeans from J Brand, a dressing gown and that's about it really. But, if money was no object I would be splashing the cash in designer boutiques. Prada, Gucci, Fendi, Ralph Lauren, Chanel, Dior... the list is endless!  So here is my exclusive lust list, featuring my top 5 items I can only dream of sitting snugly in my wardrobe. 

A Fabulous Fendi coat
Okay, so let's not talk about the price just yet! Instead let's focus on the beautiful coat itself. If you're anti-fur then I suggest you skip straight onto the next item on my list, as this coat contains mink, shadow-fox, marble-fox, silver-fox, raccoon and goat fur. The patchwork detailing is so wonderfully put together and all the varying colours of the natural fur sit so well against each other. For me, this coat is the glam statement piece that lifts any outfit. Wearing it with boots and jeans is a great option or throwing it on in the evenings over a silk dress and sandals would look just as amazing. This particular coat has been fashion editors go to piece all season, featuring in numerous magazines worldwide, most recently in Vogue Japan under the watchful eyes of Anna Dello Russo. Fendi is famous for its fur, and this particular coat comes with a rather hefty price tag, £20,850 to be exact. Good news though, it has been reduced to only £12,510 on Matches.com! Somehow I can't justify spending all that money just yet.

A Givenchy leather jacket 
Ricardo Tisci is one of my favourite designers of all time. This year he celebrated 10 wonderful years at Givenchy under his creative direction, and the future looks increasingly bright for this visionary designer. But what I would really like from Givenchy is one of their iconic leather jackets, in a beautiful soft green colour. You really can't go wrong with Givenchy, and this jacket is a serious investment pieces. Imagine the soft nappa leather against your skin, paired with an amazing pair of blue jeans and black boots... just heaven! And of course, this being Givenchy the jacket doesn't come cheap, with Net-a-Porter selling it for £3450. Well, I'm down, what about you? 


The Philip Lim Ora boots 
It's fair to say that these boots are the shoe of the season. As soon as they appeared in the Autumn/winter 2015 catwalk show, Philip Lim's customers were literally queueing in line to purchase a pair of Oras. So what's the appeal? Well first of all, these boots aren't just your average winter riding boot. They are longer at the front and shorter at the back which is massive tick straight away, they come in a variety of amazing shades, they make your legs look longer and slimmer and they generally just look so sexy on. Kim Kardashian, Rita Ora and Chrissy Teigan can't get enough of them and neither can I! Unfortunately they are now all sold out in the UK, which is not surprising really, but I think it's pretty safe to say that after the popularity of this style Philip Lim will be sure to bring out something similar in his new collection. Well, he better! 


A Classic Celine handbag 
No serious wardrobe is complete without a Celine handbag. It's classic, sophisticated, timeless and oh so beautiful. It has long been one of the hottest and most practical designer handbags to own, with Sienna Miller, Olivia Palmero and Diane Kruger all fans of the style. It has been copied to death by the high street unfortunately, but this is bag that is Celine through and through. I would say go for classic black, but I like this bag in forest green and burgundy, and let's not get carried away with the two tone style. And the price is not too bad, bearing in mind this bag never goes on sale. £1461 is just a snip compared to the Fendi coat... 

  
A Geeky Gucci blouse 
I was a huge fan of Frida Giannini, the previous creative director of Gucci and was completely against their new head of womenswear Allesandro Michelle. However, I have warmed to the Autumn/winter 2015 collection so much that I would buy every single piece if I could! I love the lovely printed silk blouses in particular. 70s mixed with geek chic, cool but still stylish, these flouncy blouses looked amazing with knife pleated skirts and chunky loafers. Zara have really tried to capture the essence of Gucci with their current collection, mixing the rich greens, beiges and baby pinks together to create a sample of the brand. But for me, nothing beats the real thing and that Gucci blouse is high on my list of fashionable desires.

No comments:

Post a Comment