Wednesday 28 August 2013

The Fall 2013 Hit List

After reading the September issues of various fashion mags and re-watching the fall 2013/14 shows, I have come up with my ultimate list of what to buy for the new season (and a few pictures to give you the idea!)


1) I need, need, need a tweed coat/jacket as seen at Prada, Dolce and Gabbana and of course Chanel. Tweed was seen everywhere at the international fashion weeks and will no doubt be a hit on the high street this winter. For those of us who can't afford a double - breasted, tweed Chanel coat (me included), head down to high street stores Zara and Whistles for the best quality fabrics and cuts. A coat would probably be more appropriate for those cold winter months but I personally would go for a jacket, which will see you through autumn to spring. Yes, I'm willing to brave the cold in the name of fashion. 

2) Next on the list, a pair of leather boots, with silver buckles and a broad heel preferably. A huge range of boots were seen this fall from the brave thigh-highs at Fendi to the smaller ankle boot at Prada. Varying in colour and pattern, heel and flats, the boot is definitely in this fall. I'd go with a pair from H&M or Topshop. And I would make sure that they're fur lined on the inside to keep your feet warm and the cold, probably wet weather out. Every fashion conscious woman will be scouring the shops for her pair of boots this autumn so if I were you I'd get hunting... Now! 

3) What's an outfit without a handbag? I have to admit, bags are my big indulgence, taking up at least 60% of my wardrobe. And this fall I am after the perfect bag to add to my ever growing collection. Last winter it was all about the big, minimalist handbags designed to carry the world and to take up a lot of room, and I mean a lot of room. My Zara bag eclipsed me and the poor, undeserving passenger next to me everyday on the tube. Thankfully, this fall we are looking at a smaller design and avoiding complex situations surrounding matters of storage. L.K.Bennett have a fantastic collection of bags as modeled by Rosamund Pike in colours ranging from deep tans to bright red. I'm also lusting after a satchel, a little geeky looking with lots of pockets. I'll get back to you on that one. 

4) Don't gasp, but a big, big trend for fall was the return of the mini-skirt. Yes, the dreaded primary school-cum-high school cheerleader pleated skirt is back with a vengeance. Marc Jacobs, Clements Ribiero and Vanessa Bruno were all in on this trend as were Versace and Chanel who went with the tartan/black grunge look. Truth is, the skirt is a hard one and requires a decent pair of legs. But worn with a big coat and boots, it can be tamed. 

5) The leather pant. Another tricky trend, and if you weren't sure what I meant by leather, I mean the spray on type that squeeze and make it difficulty to put on and take off. This trend should come with a safety warning, seriously. However, putting safety aside and fashion first, this is a trend that will look seriously good when done correctly. New Look and Topshop will feature these within their stores as will French Connection and Cos no doubt. I'm after a pair like those seen at Balmain: ankle length, adorned with zips and high waisted. Leather pants paired with a bomber jacket or blazer and a pair of flat brogues will easily tick the androgynous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment