Wednesday 21 October 2015

'I'll be at the Beach' - Vogue Japan


Last month I featured two fashion editorials from Vogue Japan on the blog and you all loved it. Both shot by acclaimed photographer Giampaulo Sgura, it featured a very serene and beautiful Caroline Trentini styled by the one and only, Anna dello Russo. 'Caroline's Symphony' was taken from the October 2015 issue of Vogue Japan, while 'Once Upon a Time in Siciliy' was from a couple of years ago, yet is just as beautiful. If you want to check it out later you can find both photoshoots on theFASHIONbox, as they are fantastic examples of the way Dello Russo is able to capture a specific mood and feeling through her atmospheric photo shoots.

So carrying on from last month, here is my favourite fashion spread for the month, styled once again by Anna Dello Russo and photographed by Giampaulo Sgura - they do make a good team! I was drawn to this amazing, cultural editorial while scrolling through the gorgeous images on Sgura's website, just because of the vibrant use of colour, wonderful styling and the sky was just so blue, reminding me of a summer long gone. It cheered me up on a dark, gloomy autumnal day in London and transported me to the colourful shores of Salvador, Brazil, where the shoot was originally shot, featuring in Vogue Japan May 2013, titled 'I'll be at the Beach.' I seem to have an obsession with Vogue Japan shoots!

Supermodel Magdelena Frackowiak is the star of the shoot, which centres around her on the beach, funnily enough, posing alongside wooden huts, cafe bars,strolling along the promenade past a derelict church and sheltering under large palm trees. In one lovely photograph, Magdelena is pictured with oranges on her head, sandwiched by gorgous twins Suzana & Suzane Massena, all wearing print dresses and flat gladiator sandals. The clothes, which feature a lot of Dolce and Gabbana dresses and jewellery, are bright and captivating, with lots of layers of chunky accessories, including bags, aviator sunglasses, scarves, belts and large sombrero hats. I love that when you look at a really well done fashion shoot, you feel as though you are transported to the place where the photos are taken. In this partciular editorial shoot, you can almost smell the salty sea and coconuts on the beach as well as feel the blazing sun on your back in sunny Salvador.

It must have taken at least a couple of days to finish such an in depth shoot, and I can imagine countless photographs taken by Sgura in the process. Everything from the lighting to the setting, the incredible styling to the models is perfect in this photoshoot and makes me want to jump on a place and head to a tropical paradise, and then I too can say, 'I'll be at the beach.'

No comments:

Post a Comment