Tuesday 24 June 2014

Dolce & Gabbana S/S 2002 - Gisele


I love Dolce and Gabbana, which you would know if you read my blog a lot! From their style, to the catwalk collections, to the passion and historical influence they include in every single garment they create, Dolce for me are just amazing fashion designers with a unique twist in modern Italian fashion. This ad campaign shot my Steven Miesel in 2002, captures the Spring/Summer collection of that year, featuring a young Gisele as the model of choice. With a simple Italian village as a setting and dusty, worn down roads surrounding it, this campaign captures the essence of Sicilian culture not only thorugh the clothes, but through the lighting, poses and overall style Gisele brings to the photoshoot. Looking back into fashion houses' histories and past fashions is something I enjoy doing, to witness the changes made to trends then and now and how the industry has evolved over the years. This has to be one of my favourites, and you can even take a look at some of the detailed mood boards the fashion duo based their ad campaign on with original sketches too! Bellissimo!






No comments:

Post a Comment