Wednesday 18 June 2014

Valentino: Pre Spring 2015 Collection (+ some job advice!)


This week hasn't exactly been great for me. Put it this way, I started the week with 2, well paid, fashion based jobs, and now only three days later....I am jobless. Yes. I am not going to go into details but lets just say, I shed some tears, okay a lot of tears! But if anything, this experience has taught me that everything happens for a reason and perhaps this very bad and devastating change is in actual fact a good thing. Nevertheless, the bottom line is the world of fashion does not allow mistakes and is so fast paced that there are literally lists of people waiting for you to slip up and take your job, ruthlessly. Trust me, for all those people who want to go into fashion, you've got to be prepared to work hard and be pushed back many, many times with a ton of disappointments along the way. I'm still young, 18, yet this massive setback has thrown and upset me considerably, so much so that I even considered what actually drew me to work in a fashion based environment. I love fashion, and I have dreamed for years of working within the industry and I will NOT let this setback plague me for the rest of my life, even though it is pretty heart wrenching! What's more, I like many of you understand how hard it is to break into the fashion industry or in general, even secure a job. It is tough, and I am with you people who struggle everyday to find a job, any job that pays the bills.

Well, enough about me and my depressing life. Even though it was the Mens Collections in London this week, I want to focus on the amazing Valentino pre Spring/Summer 2015 collection which was pretty, relaxed and chic. From the pastel colours to the loose silhouettes, this was quite a traditional and Italian collection with homage to past Valentino shows. Over the past couple of seasons, Valentino has just become better and better for me, with new and exciting ideas which appeal to larger audiences and more stylish customers. It's fair to say, I am a fan and this collection defiantly cheered me up for about 20 minutes while I scanned through the photos which will appear in the brands catalog. I like pretty things, and this is probably one of the most delicate and ornate collections Valentino has ever produced for any pre-collection, so I take my fashion hat off to them!

Take a look at the Pre Spring/Summer 2015 Valentino collection, and be inspired for sunnier climates and sense of exotic wonders! And if you're, like me, looking for a job, don't give up! I'm going through it with you, buddy!





No comments:

Post a Comment