Wednesday 24 February 2016

The Return of the Glamorous Gucci Geek

To think that last season I was so anti-Gucci I couldn't even bring myself to watch the whole show. How uneducated and tasteless I was back then. This season I found myself checking the time every 10 minutes in nervous trepidation for the show to start, such is my state of Gucci fandom. Despite running late and leaked backstage images of the collection appearing online before the show even started, this was another fantastic offering from kid on the block, Alessandro Michelle.

Where is Milan Fashion Week without Gucci? From the bold floral patterns which clashed against each other, Gucci logo colours splattered on bags, belts and socks and the funky heels to the pulsating soundtrack and party atmosphere - there were so many different aspects of this collection which excited me. The whole geek chic vibe of last season was still present, but this time Michele's girl had been taught a lesson or two in style, as she appeared wearing chunky necklaces, ruffled blouses, sheer chiffon maxi dresses and metallic tunic tops. There was so much to look at with the styling done particularly well. I loved the canary yellow coat paired with a matching bandana and tights, the amazing embroidered bomber jackets and beautiful double breasted coats.

Animal imagery featured heavily in this collection, with snakes, exotic birds and jaguars all stitched onto various garments. “I love ambiguity, and the snake is the most ambiguous animal,” Michelle explained, after the show. “It represents fear, but it is also so beautiful. When you look at a snake, your heart is pulsing.” My heart was pulsing with excitement throughout his collection. The pastel rainbow colours were to die for as were the use of accessories such as pillar box hats, dangling earrings and over-sized glasses.
 It was sheer opulence mixed with the suggestion of renaissance art and a Baroque feel. I can imagine Anna Dello Russo wearing every piece in this collection. Just look at the catwalk looks and you'll know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment